We work with a lot of Defence members who are transitioning (or have already transitioned) out of their Defence roles. This isn’t always an easy process.
Within the Defence world, there is a shared language, common practices, codes of behaviour and community expectations that members won’t necessarily find in civilian society. Navigating it all can feel like moving to a foreign country.
When they come to the point of contacting Churchill, members already understand that they need RPL to help translate their Defence skills and experience into civilian qualifications. However, actually doing it is different. It can seem like a daunting task if you’re not familiar with it.
At Churchill, we are familiar with it.
We have our own shared language around Recognition of Prior Learning and the process of awarding qualifications, and we have built our community on offering this service to others.
As an extension of our service, we’ve now appointed a Military Mentor to our RPL team.
As well as the Defence RPL Specialists and Subject Area Experts that we’ve always had on staff (including former members of the ADF and current Reservists), we’ve now got a Military Mentor working exclusively with the RPL team. The mentor is available to assist current and former Defence personnel during the RPL process, if they require.
If you’re a current or former member, our Military Mentor can work with you to:
- Interpret your experience and translate it into civilian framework
- Draw the most out of your experience to maximise the level of qualifications you’re eligible for
- Help you locate the evidence you need to provide for qualifications
- Handle sensitive documents with care to protect your privacy
- Offer guidance about which qualifications are the best fit for your career plans
- Answer any questions you may have about Defence RPL.
Let us know if you’d like to chat!