Certificate 3 Guarantee
What is the Certificate 3 Guarantee program?
The Certificate 3 Guarantee is a Queensland Government subsidy program that supports eligible individuals to complete their first post-school Certificate III level qualification and increase their skills to move into employment, re-enter the workforce or advance their career.
Students pay a co-contribution fee as specified by the training organisation, and the rest of the tuition fee is covered by the subsidy program.
Students can only access this subsidy once so they should be aware that they will no longer be eligible for a government-subsidised training place under a program once they complete the qualification level targeted through the program.
- BSB30115 Certificate III Business
- BSB30415 Certificate III Business Administration
- BSB30215 Certificate III Customer Engagement
- CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC30213 Certificate III Education Support
Who is eligible to participate?
To be eligible, students must:
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident, or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and on the pathway to permanent residency.
- Live in Queensland and have left school.
- Not already have or be enrolled in a certificate III level or higher qualification.
- Be 15 years old or over.
Concessional Rate eligibility:
To be eligible for the concessional rate for the Certificate III Guarantee program, students must provide one of the following:
- Evidence the student holds a health care card or pensioner card issued under Commonwealth law, or is the partner or a dependant of a person who holds a health care card or pensioner concession card, and is named on that card, or;
- Evidence the student holds an official form under Commonwealth law that the student, his or her partner or the person on whom the student is dependant, is entitled to concessions under a health care card or pensioner concession card, or;
- Evidence the student is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person; self-declaration on the skills recognition agreement, by the student, will suffice, or;
- Evidence the student has disability – pensioner concession card or other documentation verifying the holder has disability, or;
- Evidence the student is an adult prisoner – formal signed confirmation from the place of incarceration.
For further information, please read the Certificate 3 Guarantee Student Fact Sheet and the Student Training and Employment Survey Fact Sheet or see the Department of Education and Training at training.qld.gov.au