What is the Year 12 graduates fee-free training program?
This training allows Year 12 graduates in Queensland to transition into employment after completing school. In certain high-priority qualifications, student can complete an apprenticeship, traineeship or other VET qualification without having to pay fees for it.
The Queensland Government covers the fees in these programs.
Students can only access this subsidy once so they should be aware that they will no longer be eligible for a government-subsidised training place under a program once they complete the qualification level targeted through the program.
- BSB30215 Certificate III in Customer Engagement
- BSB30115 Certificate III in Business
- BSB30415 Certificate III in Business Administration
- SIT20316 Certificate II in Hospitality
- SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality
- TLI31616 Certificate III in Warehousing Operations
- TLI32416 Certificate III in Logistics
- CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC30213 Certificate III in Education Support
- AHC20416 Certificate II in Horticulture
- SIS20115 Certificate II in Sport and Recreation
- SIS20213 Certificate II in Outdoor Recreation
- SIT20116 Certificate II in Tourism
Who is eligible to participate?
To be eligible, students must:
- Have completed Year 12 in Queensland and hold a Senior Statement issued by the Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority, or equivalent certification.
- Enrol and start training with an approved training provider (called a pre-qualified supplier or PQS) by the end of the calendar year following their completion of year 12.
- Be a Queensland resident.
For further information, please read the Year 12 Graduates Fee-Free Training Fact Sheet and the Student Training and Employment Survey Fact Sheet or see the Department of Education and Training at training.qld.gov.au