Diploma of Project Management
Are you interested in earning the BSB50820 Diploma of Project Management through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)? You may be eligible to receive this qualification based on the work you’ve already done. And, you could do it without having to complete any additional study.
Book a Free Appraisal
Or call us
At the Diploma level you are someone who is able to apply project management skills in a leadership capacity. You may have managed projects in a number of contexts and industries. You have experience at the management and leadership level, and are responsible for project objectives. You have well established project management knowledge and a range of specialist, managerial and technical skills. You use your skills to plan, implement and review your own work and that of a team.
There are no pre-requisites to enrol in the Diploma of Project Management. It is comprised of 12 units of competency – eight of which are core units (compulsory) and four elective units (which allows some range to match your experience or interests to particular units).
The fees for this qualification are as follows:
Qualification through RPL: $1795
We have a range of payment options available for you including: Bank Transfer, Credit Card and Installment Payment Plans. Find out more here.
- We conduct a free preliminary skills assessment and give you a report
- You tell us the qualifications you want and provide evidence
- You receive nationally recognised qualifications!
- You tell us what you’re looking for and where you want to go
- You provide a few easily accessible documents
- You’ll be sent a report within 48 hours. This will include a breakdown of costs involved and lists the qualifications:
- you could be eligible for right now;
- you could be eligible for if you are able to provide some further evidence (and we’ll share with you what the gaps are and the evidence we’d need); or
- if training would be your best option. We don’t offer the training so we’ll give you some information about how to locate a training organisation who delivers what you are looking for.
- We tell you exactly what evidence we need to establish your competency in the units that make up a qualification
- You provide your evidence, then you can sit back and relax!
- We match the evidence to the units. This is called mapping. Other providers may get you to do this yourself.
- To save you time, we submit all the paperwork to the government for you. This formalises your qualifications.
- You receive your qualifications though both email and post, within 14 days. Or, with our VIP Fast-Track Service, you can have them in just 7 days.
Are RPL qualifications nationally recognised? Yes.
Churchill Education is a registered training organisation, RTO:31430. This means that we are regulated by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), the Australian Government regulatory body for the VET sector.
The qualifications that we offer are nationally recognised, and issued under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). Accordingly, they’re exactly the same as those granted by other educational institutions such as TAFE.
Where could this qualification take you?
Examples of Position Titles relevant to Diploma level work:
- Project Manager (industry specific)
- Project Leader/Team Leader
- Project Contract Manager
- Program Managers
- Project Analysts
- Project Contract Managers
- Construction Managers
- Health and Welfare Service Managers
- Software/ICT Managers
- Engineering Project Manager
The core units focus on the ability to manage all elements of a project, including scope, timeline, quality, budget, HR, IT & Communication, risk and integration.
Elective units can be selected from a range of management topics including managing IT systems, building innovative working environments, continuous improvement, stakeholder engagement, governance, sustainability, data management, Work Health & Safety and team leadership.
Project Management Industry
Project management is a fast-growing industry in Australia. Not only is it growing as a specific discipline, it is also an essential skill in a large range of jobs and industries.
Project management roles are available in an increasing range of sectors, from mining, construction and engineering, to business, IT and finance. Project management roles are also growing in our government sectors, from defence and law enforcement to emergency services.
After 30 years of Military service, Ken was diagnosed with Type One Diabetes and had to be medically discharged. Ken was able to convert his service into an Advanced Diploma in Work Health and Safety, which helped him to secure civilian employment at a management level and achieve a better quality life.