WA Recognition of Prior Learning
Have a free consultation with one of our Skills Recognition Advisors to find out if your working experience can be translated into qualifications through our Recognition of Prior Learning service. Submit your details and we will call you to have a chat within the next business day. This could be the most powerful thing you’ve ever done for your career!
Find out what you are eligible for:
Top 3 RPL Qualifications for WA
Many people have been asking us for our recommendations on the best qualifications for career opportunities in Western Australia.
Our recommendations are based on industry requirements and remuneration, but also on work/life balance and career flexibility.
Because in our experience the most useful qualification is one that demonstrates your versatility and adaptability so that you are always equipped to respond proactively to change – whether that be in your current role or industry, or the ability to change industries as opportunities present.
Recognition of Prior Learning – Western Australia
Convert your experience into qualifications that demonstrate your versatility and adaptability.
Western Australia (WA) is a unique place.Thanks largely to the mining sector, the per capita gross state product (GSP) is 68% higher than the national per capita GDP.
The top three industries contributing to WA’s GSP are mining, construction and manufacturing.
In short, job opportunities in Western Australia are on the rise in the key industries of mining, construction and manufacturing.
In the last 12 months employment rose by an average of 4.6% statewide, however in mining it rose by 8.6%, in construction 8.7% and manufacturing by 6.1%.
Minerals exploration expenditure is up 21% for gold, 37% for iron ore and a whopping 88% for copper.
Meanwhile residential building spending is up 14.4%.
Now is a great time to convert your skills knowledge and experience into qualifications through the process of recognition of prior learning.
Why should you try RPL?
- Get promoted in your current profession and industry
- Demonstrate the transferability of your skills to move to a new industry
- Ensure your qualifications match your experience for future career pivots
More Information About WA RPL Processes and Fees
RPL qualifications range from $995 – $3500.
We have a range of payment options available for you including: Bank Transfer, Credit Card, Instalment Payment Plans and Finance Options. Find out more here.
How does the RPL process work?
- We conduct a free preliminary skills assessment and give you a report
- You tell us the qualifications you want and provide evidence
- You receive nationally recognised qualifications!
Let’s step this out a bit more:
Step 1. We conduct a free preliminary skills assessment and give you a report.
The RPL process begins with a conversation with one of our Skills Recognition Advisors.
- You tell us what you’re looking for and where you want to go
- You provide a few easily accessible documents
- You’ll be sent a report within 48 hours. This will include a breakdown of costs involved and lists the qualifications:
- you could be eligible for right now;
- you could be eligible for if you are able to provide some further evidence (and we’ll share with you what the gaps are and the evidence we’d need); or
- if training would be your best option. We don’t offer the training so we’ll give you some information about how to locate a training organisation who delivers what you are looking for.
This is cost-free and obligation-free.
Step 2. You tell us the qualifications you want and provide evidence
You can make an informed decision about which qualifications are best for you and your career. Once this is confirmed, we can complete the process.
- We tell you exactly what evidence we need to establish your competency in the units that make up a qualification
- You provide your evidence, then you can sit back and relax!
- We match the evidence to the units. This is called mapping. Other providers may get you to do this yourself.
Step 3. You receive nationally recognised qualifications!
Congratulations! Your experience has been validated and translated into nationally recognised qualifications.
- To save you time, we submit all the paperwork to the government for you. This formalises your qualifications.
- You receive your qualifications though both email and post, within 14 days. Or, with our VIP Fast-Track Service, you can have them in just 7 days.
Are RPL qualifications nationally recognised? Yes.
Churchill Education is a registered training organisation, RTO:31430. This means that we are regulated by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), the Australian Government regulatory body for the VET sector.
The qualifications that we offer are nationally recognised, and issued under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). Accordingly, they’re exactly the same as those granted by other educational institutions such as TAFE.