Are you looking at transitioning out of Defence? Or maybe you’ve recently left? Leaving Defence and building a new career as a civilian can be pretty daunting.
You worked hard in Defence. Make that experience work for you.
Find out what you are eligible for:
How will a new employer understand your service? How do you express it in terms of civilian awards? Which qualifications are best on your resume? That’s where Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) comes in.
RPL stands for Recognition of Prior Learning. RPL is a process through which the experience, skills and knowledge that you already have can be converted to civilian qualifications that any employer can understand and respect.
Defence members are often surprised at the qualifications they’re eligible for through RPL. The training, skills and practical experience you’ve gained while serving in the Army, Navy or Air Force really adds up.
Getting qualifications through RPL means that you don’t have to sit in a classroom and learn about things that you already know. You can just show evidence that you’ve covered it in your job.
Top 4 Defence RPL Qualifications
We’ve been helping military personnel transition since 2006. In that time we have helped thousands of our Defence graduates to build satisfying careers in government, the private sector, training, mining and construction.
Discover the Top 4 Qualifications for transitioning from Defence to civilian employment…
More information about Defence RPL Processes and Fundings
RPL qualifications range from $995 – $3500.
We have a range of payment options available for you including: Bank Transfer, Credit Card, Instalment Payment Plans and Finance Options. Find out more here.
How does the RPL process work?
- We conduct a free preliminary skills assessment and give you a report
- You tell us the qualifications you want and provide evidence
- You receive nationally recognised qualifications!
Let’s step this out a bit more:
Step 1. We conduct a free preliminary skills assessment and give you a report.
The RPL process begins with a conversation with one of our Skills Recognition Advisors.
- You tell us what you’re looking for and where you want to go
- You provide a few easily accessible documents
- You’ll be sent a report within 48 hours. This will include a breakdown of costs involved and lists the qualifications:
- you could be eligible for right now;
- you could be eligible for if you are able to provide some further evidence (and we’ll share with you what the gaps are and the evidence we’d need); or
- if training would be your best option. We don’t offer the training so we’ll give you some information about how to locate a training organisation who delivers what you are looking for.
This is cost-free and obligation-free.
Step 2. You tell us the qualifications you want and provide evidence.
You can make an informed decision about which qualifications are best for you and your career. Once this is confirmed, we can complete the process.
- We tell you exactly what evidence we need to establish your competency in the units that make up a qualification
- You provide your evidence, then you can sit back and relax!
- We match the evidence to the units. This is called mapping. Other providers may get you to do this yourself.
Step 3. You receive nationally recognised qualifications!
Congratulations! Your experience has been validated and translated into nationally recognised qualifications.
- To save you time, we submit all the paperwork to the government for you. This formalises your qualifications.
- You receive your qualifications though both email and post, within 14 days. Or, with our VIP Fast-Track Service, you can have them in just 7 days.
Are RPL qualifications nationally recognised? Yes.
Churchill Education is a registered training organisation, RTO:31430. This means that we are regulated by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), the Australian Government regulatory body for the VET sector.
The qualifications that we offer are nationally recognised, and issued under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). Accordingly, they’re exactly the same as those granted by other educational institutions such as TAFE.
Apply for a Complimentary Assessment
Do you want to learn more about Defence RPL?
We’ve collected answers to your most commonly asked questions
Defence Graduate Stories