In Australia, we employ over 2 million public servants across the Commonwealth, State and Local governments. Around 8% of our total population are employed in the public service.
The Commonwealth public service employs about 11% of our public servants in the country, whereas the States employ just under 79% and local governments employ just under 10%.
Employment continues to grow in the public service and as a community we are spending $166,893,800 in public servant salaries and wages.
Of course, there is so much diversity in responsibilities, roles, locations and opportunities when you choose a career of public service. You can be taking on new skills and exploring promotions, effectively building several careers in your lifetime.
Some would say that the superannuation and leave packages make staying in the public service for the whole of your working life very attractive too.
Top 3 Qualifications for Public Sector
Instead of leaving the public service when you want a change of career, you can instead change the public service you work for or switch departments.
As a significant and competitive employment opportunity, if you are an experienced public servant it is wise to capitalise on your experience to obtain qualifications through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
More Information About Public Sector RPL Processes and Fees
RPL qualifications range from $995 – $3500.
We have a range of payment options available for you including: Bank Transfer, Credit Card, Instalment Payment Plans and Finance Options. Find out more here.
How does the RPL process work?
- We conduct a free preliminary skills assessment and give you a report
- You tell us the qualifications you want and provide evidence
- You receive nationally recognised qualifications!
Let’s step this out a bit more:
Step 1. We conduct a free preliminary skills assessment and give you a report.
The RPL process begins with a conversation with one of our Skills Recognition Advisors.
- You tell us what you’re looking for and where you want to go
- You provide a few easily accessible documents
- You’ll be sent a report within 48 hours. This will include a breakdown of costs involved and lists the qualifications:
- you could be eligible for right now;
- you could be eligible for if you are able to provide some further evidence (and we’ll share with you what the gaps are and the evidence we’d need); or
- if training would be your best option. We don’t offer the training so we’ll give you some information about how to locate a training organisation who delivers what you are looking for.
This is cost-free and obligation-free.
Step 2. You tell us the qualifications you want and provide evidence
You can make an informed decision about which qualifications are best for you and your career. Once this is confirmed, we can complete the process.
- We tell you exactly what evidence we need to establish your competency in the units that make up a qualification
- You provide your evidence, then you can sit back and relax!
- We match the evidence to the units. This is called mapping. Other providers may get you to do this yourself.
Step 3. You receive nationally recognised qualifications!
Congratulations! Your experience has been validated and translated into nationally recognised qualifications.
- To save you time, we submit all the paperwork to the government for you. This formalises your qualifications.
- You receive your qualifications though both email and post, within 14 days. Or, with our VIP Fast-Track Service, you can have them in just 7 days.
Are RPL qualifications nationally recognised? Yes.
Churchill Education is a registered training organisation, RTO:31430. This means that we are regulated by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), the Australian Government regulatory body for the VET sector.
The qualifications that we offer are nationally recognised, and issued under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). Accordingly, they’re exactly the same as those granted by other educational institutions such as TAFE.
Apply for a Complimentary Assessment