Certificate IV in Business
Are you interested in earning the BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)? You may be eligible to receive this qualification based on the work you’ve already done. And, you could do it without having to complete any additional study.
Book a Free Appraisal
Or call us
Certificate IV in Business is an ideal qualification for people who work in roles such as project officers, administration officers, business operations, finance, team leaders or supervisors. The functions of a business are not confined to just the private sector but operate across the public and community sectors as well. For example, you may come from industries as diverse as warehousing and storage, to logistics, to sales operations, business administration and running a small team in a government department.
After an extensive review was completed in 2020 of all Australia’s business qualifications, the latest and current version of this qualification can be recognised by the code BSB40120.
The earlier qualification was BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business. Whilst the spirit of the earlier qualification aligned with the latest version, there have been a range of changes made to ensure that when you graduate with BSB40210 Certificate IV in Business, you are possessing the range of skills and knowledge that modern workplaces demand.
Your experience in these roles can help you achieve BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
- We conduct a free preliminary skills assessment and give you a report
- You tell us the qualifications you want and provide evidence
- You receive nationally recognised qualifications!
- You tell us what you’re looking for and where you want to go
- You provide a few easily accessible documents
- You’ll be sent a report within 48 hours. This will include a breakdown of costs involved and lists the qualifications:
- you could be eligible for right now;
- you could be eligible for if you are able to provide some further evidence (and we’ll share with you what the gaps are and the evidence we’d need); or
- if training would be your best option. We don’t offer the training so we’ll give you some information about how to locate a training organisation who delivers what you are looking for.
- We tell you exactly what evidence we need to establish your competency in the units that make up a qualification
- You provide your evidence, then you can sit back and relax!
- We match the evidence to the units. This is called mapping. Other providers may get you to do this yourself.
- To save you time, we submit all the paperwork to the government for you. This formalises your qualifications.
- You receive your qualifications though both email and post, within 14 days. Or, with our VIP Fast-Track Service, you can have them in just 7 days.
Are RPL qualifications nationally recognised? Yes.
Churchill Education is a registered training organisation, RTO:31430. This means that we are regulated by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), the Australian Government regulatory body for the VET sector.
The qualifications that we offer are nationally recognised, and issued under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). Accordingly, they’re exactly the same as those granted by other educational institutions such as TAFE.
Where could this qualification take you?
When it comes to obtaining Recognition of Prior Learning in Certificate IV in Business, the starting point is that your experience includes some responsibility within your workplace – both for your own development and performance, and often for providing leadership in a team or guiding others. You may even be accountable for the work of others at a limited level.
Your depth of experience has built up enough that you have well developed skills and a broad knowledge so you can tackle the unpredictable problems that can arise on the job.
Certificate IV in Business covers the skills, knowledge and responsibilities that make a business operate smoothly. There are 6 core units which are mandatory for every student completing the qualification.
When you look at the core units you can see that these key competencies are valued in workplaces across the country:
- Critical thinking – the deeper thinking that considers questions, takes in information and analyses work practices. This is the type of thinking that goes further than just doing something because it has always been done that way.
- Using digital technologies – collaborating through technology has become vital today
- Building and maintaining business relationships
- Keeping workplaces healthy and safe
- Use effective communication skills and knowledge to produce complex documents and build communication in the workplace
A total of 12 units of competency must be completed in Certificate IV in Business. The units of competency required are:
- 6 core units; plus
- 6 elective units
Once the core units have been addressed, you have the option of completing your Certificate IV in Business with a broader set of skills and knowledge reflected or specialising in a stream of skills that reflect your role’s responsibilities.
This is possible because in a significant shift in 2020, 8 Certificate IV qualifications were superseded by this single Certificate IV in Business. You may have seen qualifications such as Certificate IV in Business Administration, and Certificate IV in Customer Engagement. These were all wrapped up into a single qualification.
So currently, you can elect to complete the Certificate IV in Business – with a broad skills and knowledge approach to how business roles function.
Alternatively, you can head down the path of adding a specialisation to your Certificate IV in Business. Whilst your qualification will still have the same code of BSB40120, you will see the specialisation reflected in brackets after Certificate IV in Business.
These are the specialisation options currently offered by Churchill Education:
- Certificate IV in Business (Leadership)
- Certificate IV in Business (Administration)
- Certificate IV in Business (Operations)
- Certificate IV in Business (Finance)
- Certificate IV in Business (Cyber Security)
- Certificate IV in Business (Records and Information Management)
We work with your experience and career direction to identify the best qualification and elective units for your situation.
Apply for a Complimentary Assessment
After 30 years of Military service, Ken was diagnosed with Type One Diabetes and had to be medically discharged. Ken was able to convert his service into an Advanced Diploma in Work Health and Safety, which helped him to secure civilian employment at a management level and achieve a better quality life.