Diploma of Government Investigations (Group Training)
Churchill Education offers group training in Government Investigations, as well as qualifications through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) to individual students who have experience in this area. Groups can train in either the PSP40416 Certificate IV in Government Investigations (Generalist or Regulatory Compliance Specialist) or the PSP50416 Diploma of Government Investigations.
Book a Free Appraisal
Or call us
All programs are designed specifically for the team undertaking the training, to ensure the content is applicable and relevant. This training is designed to fit you – not the other way around!
Who is this training for?
- Groups of investigators – in reality, a successful investigation involves a team and this course is designed to promote the skills of investigators working together.
- People who are working for a government regulator or statutory authority and who have responsibilities in compliance and/or enforcement.
- People who are looking for a face-to-face training option that enables them to practice investigative skills in an environment where they get instant feedback from experienced trainers and from their peers.
- People who are looking for tailored courses so that they can investigate a scenario that they will genuinely encounter in their daily work.
- People who are looking for a course that they can, and will, be guided to finish. Our completion rates are 100%.
Why Churchill for Government Investigations?
Churchill Education first began offering nationally recognised qualifications to Government Investigators in 2006. We were specifically asked to deliver this training because of an unusual skill combination in the Churchill leadership team: not only did we have 16 years of experience in government investigations in our collective skillset, but also ten years of experience of prosecuting.
We reflect this collective skillset in our specialised approach to training investigators. The strength of an investigation can be found in its ability to withstand a vigorous defence in the courts. In preparing Investigations course participants to appear before the judiciary, we create a more skilled investigator who can sit confidently in a witness box, knowing their investigation has been conducted to the highest possible standard.
In the last eleven years, we have continuously delivered Certificate IV and Diploma courses to Government Investigators from a range of compliance and regulatory areas: from the Health Sector, to various Transport authorities, Primary Industries and Resource Management. We have taught through the last three iterations of this qualifications and are currently registered to deliver the latest and most up-to-date nationally recognised qualifications, the PSP40416 Certificate IV in Government Investigations and PSP50416 Diploma of Government Investigations.
The fees for this qualification are as follows:
Price on application
We have a range of payment options available for you including: Bank Transfer, Credit Card and Installment Payment Plans. Find out more here.
How does the RPL process work?
- We conduct a free preliminary skills assessment and give you a report
- You tell us the qualifications you want and provide evidence
- You receive nationally recognised qualifications!
Let’s step this out a bit more:
Step 1. We conduct a free preliminary skills assessment and give you a report.
The RPL process begins with a conversation with one of our Skills Recognition Advisors.
- You tell us what you’re looking for and where you want to go
- You provide a few easily accessible documents
- You’ll be sent a report within 48 hours. This will include a breakdown of costs involved and lists the qualifications:
- you could be eligible for right now;
- you could be eligible for if you are able to provide some further evidence (and we’ll share with you what the gaps are and the evidence we’d need); or
- if training would be your best option. We don’t offer the training so we’ll give you some information about how to locate a training organisation who delivers what you are looking for.
This is cost-free and obligation-free.
Step 2. You tell us the qualifications you want and provide evidence.
You can make an informed decision about which qualifications are best for you and your career. Once this is confirmed, we can complete the process.
- We tell you exactly what evidence we need to establish your competency in the units that make up a qualification
- You provide your evidence, then you can sit back and relax!
- We match the evidence to the units. This is called mapping. Other providers may get you to do this yourself.
Step 3. You receive nationally recognised qualifications!
Congratulations! Your experience has been validated and translated into nationally recognised qualifications.
- To save you time, we submit all the paperwork to the government for you. This formalises your qualifications.
- You receive your qualifications though both email and post, within 14 days. Or, with our VIP Fast-Track Service, you can have them in just 7 days.
Are RPL qualifications nationally recognised? Yes.
Churchill Education is a registered training organisation, RTO:31430. This means that we are regulated by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), the Australian Government regulatory body for the VET sector.
The qualifications that we offer are nationally recognised, and issued under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). Accordingly, they’re exactly the same as those granted by other educational institutions such as TAFE.
We have a core base of 10 days face-to-face training. From there, we work with you to determine what structure will best suit your team’s needs. For example, you may choose:
- 2 x 5-day consecutive business weeks face-to-face, then a period of 4 to 6 weeks to complete post-course assessments; or
- 1 x 5-day business week, return to the workforce for 4 weeks, then return to the classroom for 1 x 5-day business week, then a period of 4 to 6 weeks to complete post-course assessments.
The final method of delivery is determined in consultation with the customer and delivery is arranged at a mutually agreeable timetable.
Churchill Education uses a variety of methods to deliver the required courses including:
- classroom training: a facilitator leading a course in the traditional classroom environment incorporating a post-course assessment;
- field training;
- external role players;
- workplace based assessment that is relevant to the work, including On the Job Reports from supervisors in a simple to complete format; and/or
- self-paced classroom materials.
Apply for a Complimentary Assessment
After 30 years of Military service, Ken was diagnosed with Type One Diabetes and had to be medically discharged. Ken was able to convert his service into an Advanced Diploma in Work Health and Safety, which helped him to secure civilian employment at a management level and achieve a better quality life.