RPL qualifications range from $995 – $3500.
Police & First Responder RPL
(Recognition of Prior Learning)
Get your experience recognised.
Turn your police and first responder experience into qualifications that demonstrate the value of your skills and knowledge in any industry.
Whether you are handing back your badge or focused on climbing the ranks, qualifications bridge your past experience to your next career step. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) leverages your experience to achieve those qualifications.
Top 4 Police & First Responder RPL Qualifications
When you’re in the job, all the police and first responder training you have done means something. But when you start looking at getting out, you realise there’s a whole other language in job ads – and that mainstream qualifications matter. You start wondering, how will your policing and first responder experience stack up outside of the job?
Here’s the good news. You’ve got the sort of skills and knowledge that employers value. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) translates your policing experience into the qualifications that make sense in a civilian world.
Why RPL with Churchill?
The process of converting police and first responder experience into qualifications is something we have done since 2006. Ever since our Co-Founder, Randall Smith came to his own career crossroads and found himself with sixteen years of service but no qualifications that meant anything outside of the police.
It was Randall’s experience that drove him to streamline the Recognition of Prior Learning process, to ensure that all those police courses you have completed, the shifts you have worked, and the promotions you have earned are fully recognised in nationally accredited qualifications.
Find Out What You’re Eligible For
With 12 years experience helping police get qualified, we have also built up a wide range of available qualifications that will build your career path. From Certificate level all the way up to Graduate Diploma (above a Bachelor degree). We spend the time talking with you about the career you have and the career you want.
Together we can design a plan for your future and use Recognition of Prior Learning to leverage your experience, and get you qualified. Save your time, your money and avoid the frustration by speaking to someone who understands your police career today.
Changing careers can be a daunting time. It’s great to hear the stories of others who have already made the leap…
We have put together a number of career resources to help you with your next career step.
Step one is finding out what qualifications you are eligible for via our free and comprehensive preliminary RPL assessment:
Step 2: Resume
Update your resume using our free resume guide.
Step 3: LinkedIn
Create or update your LinkedIn profile using our free guide.
Step 4: Interview Skills
Brush up on your interview skills.
Mental Health Support
For mental health and wellbeing support we highly recommend Fortem Australia.
More Information About
Police RPL Processes and Fees
Fees & Payment
Fees and Payment
How does the RPL process work?
- We conduct a free preliminary skills assessment and give you a report
- You tell us the qualifications you want and provide evidence
- You receive nationally recognised qualifications!
Let's step this out a bit more:
Step 1. We conduct a free preliminary skills assessment and give you a report.
The RPL process begins with a conversation with one of our Skills Recognition Advisors.
- You tell us what you're looking for and where you want to go
- You provide a few easily accessible documents
- You'll be sent a report within 48 hours. This will include a breakdown of costs involved and lists the qualifications:
- you could be eligible for right now;
- you could be eligible for if you are able to provide some further evidence (and we'll share with you what the gaps are and the evidence we'd need); or
- if training would be your best option. We don't offer the training so we'll give you some information about how to locate a training organisation who delivers what you are looking for.
This is cost-free and obligation-free.
Step 2. You tell us the qualifications you want and provide evidence
You can make an informed decision about which qualifications are best for you and your career. Once this is confirmed, we can complete the process.
- We tell you exactly what evidence we need to establish your competency in the units that make up a qualification
- You provide your evidence, then you can sit back and relax!
- We match the evidence to the units. This is called mapping. Other providers may get you to do this yourself.
Step 3. You receive nationally recognised qualifications!
Congratulations! Your experience has been validated and translated into nationally recognised qualifications.
- To save you time, we submit all the paperwork to the government for you. This formalises your qualifications.
- You receive your qualifications though both email and post, within 14 days. Or, with our VIP Fast-Track Service, you can have them in just 7 days.
Nationally Recognised Qualifications
Nationally Recognised Qualifications
Are RPL qualifications nationally recognised? Yes.
Churchill Education is a registered training organisation, RTO:31430. This means that we are regulated by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), the Australian Government regulatory body for the VET sector.
The qualifications that we offer are nationally recognised, and issued under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). Accordingly, they’re exactly the same as those granted by other educational institutions such as TAFE..