RPL qualifications range from $995 – $3500.
Mining RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning)
Convert your experience into qualifications thatdemonstrate your versatility and adaptability.
With the Australian mining sector on the move, now is a great time to get into the industry, or move up if you are already working in mining.
iMinco reports the current average mining salary as $123,844 and predicts a ‘huge year for mining’.
RPL for Mining is for you if you want to:
- Get promoted if you currently work in mining
- Use your experience in other industries to enter the mining industry
- Demonstrate the transferability of your skills to move to a new industry
Top 3 Qualifications
Many people have been asking us for our recommendation on the best qualifications for a career in mining.
Our recommendations are based on mining requirements and remuneration, but also on work/life balance and career flexibility.
Because in our experience the most useful qualification is one that demonstrates your versatility and adaptability so that you are always equipped to respond proactively to change – whether that be in your current role or industry, or the ability to change industries as opportunities present.
More Information About
Mining RPL Processes and Fees
Fees & Payment
Fees and Payment
How does the RPL process work?
- We conduct a free preliminary skills assessment and give you a report
- You tell us the qualifications you want and provide evidence
- You receive nationally recognised qualifications!
Let's step this out a bit more:
Step 1. We conduct a free preliminary skills assessment and give you a report.
The RPL process begins with a conversation with one of our Skills Recognition Advisors.
- You tell us what you're looking for and where you want to go
- You provide a few easily accessible documents
- You'll be sent a report within 48 hours. This will include a breakdown of costs involved and lists the qualifications:
- you could be eligible for right now;
- you could be eligible for if you are able to provide some further evidence (and we'll share with you what the gaps are and the evidence we'd need); or
- if training would be your best option. We don't offer the training so we'll give you some information about how to locate a training organisation who delivers what you are looking for.
This is cost-free and obligation-free.
Step 2. You tell us the qualifications you want and provide evidence
You can make an informed decision about which qualifications are best for you and your career. Once this is confirmed, we can complete the process.
- We tell you exactly what evidence we need to establish your competency in the units that make up a qualification
- You provide your evidence, then you can sit back and relax!
- We match the evidence to the units. This is called mapping. Other providers may get you to do this yourself.
Step 3. You receive nationally recognised qualifications!
Congratulations! Your experience has been validated and translated into nationally recognised qualifications.
- To save you time, we submit all the paperwork to the government for you. This formalises your qualifications.
- You receive your qualifications though both email and post, within 14 days. Or, with our VIP Fast-Track Service, you can have them in just 7 days.
Nationally Recognised Qualifications
Nationally Recognised Qualifications
Are RPL qualifications nationally recognised? Yes.
Churchill Education is a registered training organisation, RTO:31430. This means that we are regulated by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), the Australian Government regulatory body for the VET sector.
The qualifications that we offer are nationally recognised, and issued under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). Accordingly, they’re exactly the same as those granted by other educational institutions such as TAFE..
Gone Bush to Running the Show
Jeremy converted half a lifetime of bottom up vocational mining skill to an impressive list of qualifications all the way up to graduate diplomas. Now he’s running the show!Read More
How Robert used RPL to Get his Dream Job
After working in a high-pressure management position, Robert Boyd secured qualifications through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and his past experience and landed a rewarding mining construction role.Read More